You decided to look into coffee machines on Takealot over the weekend and all of a sudden coffee machines started to follow you. Reading the news, googling, anywhere you go online, coffee machines are following.
That is retargeting or remarketing and a tactic you should seriously consider if you want to dramatically increase your conversion rates and ROI.
Imagine a guy walks into a bar and sees a beautiful woman, sitting by herself, sipping on a margarita. He walks up to her and says: “I am a great guy. Will you marry me?” She will think he’s crazy! No! He first has to introduce himself, go on a date, start building a relationship, fall in love and then only will he ask… and she will say “I do”.
The same applies to marketing. We often say “I am a great product. Will you buy me?” The potential customer doesn’t Know, Like or Trust (KLT) you, so they don’t buy. They ignore you. You have to ‘date’ your potential customer first…. that’s what we call Remarketing.
Remarketing is a clever way to connect with visitors to your website who may not have made an immediate purchase or enquiry. It allows you to position targeted ads in front of a defined audience that had previously visited your website – as they browse elsewhere around the internet.
12 Remarketing Stats that will blow your mind [source: Spiralytics]:
- 25% of online viewers enjoy seeing retargeted ads. [Source: CMO] They enjoy them because they are reminded of products and services they were looking at previously.
- Website visitors who are retargeted with display ads are more likely to convert by 70%. [Source: Software Advice] When a prospect sees a retargeting ad, there’s a 70% chance that they’ll purchase your product over your competitor’s.
- 3 out of 5 online viewers notice and consider ads showing products they viewed from another page. [Source: eMarketer]
- The click-through rate (CTR) of a retargeted ad is 10x higher than the CTR of a typical display ad. [Source: Wishpond]
- Retargeted search ads have higher conversion rates than display ads, but they’re also more expensive. [Source: Wordstream] The higher overall conversion rates are due to the fact that search ads are much better at indicating buyer intent than display ads.
- 91% of marketers who have used retargeting have found it to perform the same as or better than search, email, or other display ads. [Source: IAB]
- Compared to other placement strategies, retargeting generated the highest lift in business name searches by 1,046%. [Source: PR Newswire]
- 68% of marketing agencies and 49% of brands have a dedicated budget for retargeting. [Source: Chango]
- 70% of marketers turn to search retargeting primarily to increase brand awareness. [Source: IAB]
- 47% of consumers say that they would sacrifice privacy to get a better deal. [Source: Pew Research Center] This is a clear indicator that the whole “creep factor” involved with being tracked online is highly over-exaggerated. As long as there’s a clear benefit to the consumer, most won’t have any issues with having their relevant online behaviour tracked.
- 30% of consumers have a positive or very positive reaction to retargeted ads, while only 11% feel negatively about them. [Source: eMarketer]
- While retail remains at the top of the verticals that use retargeting at 27%, other industries are increasing the incorporation of this strategy. [Source: IAB]
Remarketing made Easy
If you are serious about remarketing and want to explore what it can do for your business, our team has installed pixels to help you retarget your audience. We have engineered the ‘Boosted Avatar Re-Targeting Campaign’ and can help you get started with remarketing on the INTIEM platform. If you want our team to start a remarketing campaign for you, get in touch with us here: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Media Kit
Our latest media kit is now available. Meet Natasha! And see how this potential customer can mean big business for your company. With INTIEM now averaging close to 60,000 unique website visitors and 1,059,081 Facebook reach per month, this is an audience that will add significant results to your campaigns.
Speak to our community, your message means more with us!
Looking forward to increasing your brand awareness,
Liezel van der Merwe
Managing Editor INTIEM
Still considering the Remarketing stats? They are crazy good! Make sure you get a piece of the pie! We can help: email@example.com